Become a Member
Our credit union is for people, not for profit!
We are a financial co-operative that provides savings and loan facilities for the benefit of our members. As a co-operative, we are owned and controlled by our members, each of whom has one vote (once aged 16 or over) - regardless of how much or how little they have saved.
Our Common bond
Each credit union serves members drawn from particular area or group - this is known as a common bond. For many credit unions that common bond is the area they live in. For others the common bond might be the occupation members work in, the employer they work for or, perhaps, members are drawn from a society or association. This common bond is what enables members to know and trust one another. Our common bond is members must live or work within the Kinawley area or within 5 miles of the Diamond in Enniskillen.
Members of a credit union enjoy many benefits, including:
No fees - Free Services - Convenience - Community Benefits
- There are no account fees, maintenance costs or charges
- Branch office
- Competitive loan interest rates
- Death Benefit Insurance at no direct cost (Terms and conditions apply)
- Return on your savings through annual dividends and loan interest rebate(subject to surplus)
- Pay into your savings or pay off your loan by standing order without calling in
- Loan Protection, Life Savings and Death Benefit insurance at no direct cost to eligible members
- 15% Discount on car insurance with AXA
- Nomination of your accounts - See the Savings Section for more detailed information
How do I Join?
Joining is Easy! To be eligible for membership of Enniskillen Credit Union Limited you must be living or working within our common bond area.
To open a savings account you’ll need the following;
You need to present 2 forms of identification to join and a minimum of £1 is needed to open the account and keep it activated with at least £2.
Two forms of identification.One form of ID from each of the sections below is required:
- Evidence of Identification (must show proof of date of birth & recent photo), i.e. Current valid Passport, current valid Driving Licence, Electoral Identity Card,EU Member State Identity Card etc.
- Evidence of Address (must show address where you currently live), i.e. Original of recent Household Bill (e.g. NIE Bill, Phone, NI Water) or Bank or Building Society Statement, Local Council/Housing Association agreement etc.
- If you work but do not live in Enniskillen you must provide proof of employment with your most recent payslip.